The Silver Ray Society is an established program to ensure that the work of Sylvia Ray will continue at CEED for the advancement of women and those disadvantaged in our community. Sylvia believed everyone could achieve with support. We at CEED need your support to continue the work she began.
After Sylvia’s retirement, the CEED Board of Directors established a fund at the Cumberland Community Foundation in 2018 to ensure that CEED could continue the work she started in our community for many more years to come.
In order to honor her legacy and with the permission of Silvia Ray, we established the Silver Ray Society. Those that knew her well, knew that her nickname came from her earlier years when her brother would tease her by calling her Silver instead of Silvia. For those that knew her later, we would know this nickname to embody the beautiful locks of silver hair she modeled so well.
This Society is a way to not only honor Sylvia Ray but to honor those in our community that has committed funding to the many programs at CEED that have provided resources to over 30,000 women since its inception in 1989.
Donors who become members of the Silver Ray Society will know that 90% of the funds donated will be a part of the annual budget at CEED, matching funds needed to ensure the continuance of programs such as financial literacy, business acumen, and small business loans for startup and expansion. The remaining 10% of the funds will be submitted on an annual basis to the CEED Fund established at the Cumberland Community Foundation to provide for the longevity of CEED.
Join us in committing to the prosperity of women and those disadvantaged in our community. Your pledge and/ or donation are essential to continue to ensure that women have an equitable chance to succeed.